How can I place a hold on a book?
To request that an item be held for you when it is returned, use the library catalogue and follow the instructions below.
- Search for the title in our catalogue
- When you have the catalogue record for that title on the screen, click the button.
- Sign in using:
- your my.ryerson username and password or
- first or last name
- library card barcode number (all the digits, no spaces)
- Click on the Submit button
- The message “Your request has been sent to the Library” should appear on the screen
Placing a Hold on a Book (2:15 minute video)
You can check the status of your requests by checking Your Library Account